These five special bags which belong to the 35 Exhibition Backpacks can be seen as one great example for the art of craftsmanship and the science of German efficiency - MCM has perfected its handmade skills and its process over decades, and is celebrating this through these special backpacks.
Did you know that your beloved bags are done by hand approximately round about 65 percent and that only the rest 35 percent need mechanical support? MCM keeps an eye on outstanding quality and unique design and as you can imagine the science behind handcrafting an MCM bag is a complex and unique process. It requires careful craftsmanship from only the most experienced and refined of manufacturers.
MCM sources the best raw materials - precious leathers and hardwares from Italy - with linings, anti-pollution hardwares & leathers in addition to its iconic Visetos monogram canvas material from our wonderful home in Germany.
Each detail needs the best knowledge, well-educated craftsman and unique skills to make such a bag. And did you know that the most complicated step during the whole working process is to sew the zipper into the bag?
Two points are, without no doubt, necessary for MCMs' good quality: sense for aesthetics, absolute quality and functionality. Handcrafting MCM-products is quite detailed and takes a lot of time, patience, skills and natural aptitude. The details within the series celebrate the intricate and complicated steps which are necessary to complete your unique MCM bag.
And if you take a look at your bag at this moment, focus on the details, feel the best materials and think about the hours of work someone puts in your lovely to look as perfect as it is right now. Isn't it wonderful? Craftsmanship at MCM stands for quality, durability and timelessness without compromise in style. This backpack edition celebrate this whole aspiration: Be luxury and build on a brand that combines glamorous aesthetics and the best quality - be MCM!
xoxo, yours Janes.