The Autumn is well and truly here... The days are shorter and the the leaves are gold. I don't know about you, but I am not very keen on staying outside when it is dark and cold. One thing I love doing in the Fall is watching my favourite movies. There is something truly comforting about watching a brilliant classic - and it can also be very inspiring. If you have already seen a film, you can freely focus on the minor details, you don't need to concentrate as much on the main story line. You can truly dive into the director's mind and explore the celluloid world.
I have compiled a list of 10 stylish films for you to enjoy. I am sure you have seen most of them, but watch them again making sure you look at everything, every object, every detail, every expression. You will be surprised by how refreshed you feel afterwards!
- Love Story by Arthur Hiller (1970) with Ali McGraw and Ryan O'Neal.
- Rear Window by Alfred Hitchcock (1954) with Grace Kelly and James Stewart.
- Annie Hall by Woody Allen (1977) with Diane Keaton and Woody Allen.
- 500 days of Summer by Marc Webb (2009) with Zooey Deschanel and Joseph Gordon-Levitt
- Exotica by Atom Egoyan (1994) with Mia Kirshner and Elias Koteas.
- Safe by Todd Haynes (1995) with Julianne Moore and Xander Berkeley.
- A Single Man by Tom Ford (2009) with Julianne Moore and Colin Firth.
- Stand by Me by Rob Reiner (1986) with River Phoenix, Corey Feldman and Kiefer Sutherland.
- Cry Baby by John Waters (1990) with Johnny Depp, Amy Locane and Traci Lords.
- Rosemary's Baby by Roman Polanski (1968) with Mia Farrow and John Cassavetes.
What's on your watch list this Fall?